Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This is Knit

Hello again,

After a little searching around on my iPad, I found the cutest yarn shop in Dublin. Its called 'This is Knit' and it's right downtown, so Mom, Jackie and I hopped into a cab (which was an interesting thing in itself since our cabbie was quite the entertainer!) and did a little shopping.

They had a great selection of yarns, needles, books and even buttons, and the ladies were so friendly. Here are the yarns I purchased, they're all either made here or dyed here:

Left to right: Studio Donegal Soft Donegal, LHogan Sock Yarn and Coolree fingering weight 50/50 merino/silk blend. I also got some Rico yarn for my sister, but since she reads the blog, I don't want to show the colours and ruin the surprise. The Soft Donegal is being knit into the Shipyard Mittens by Carrie Bostick Hodge, everything else doesn't have a plan yet. They're lovely little treats though!

If you ever find yourself in Dublin, definitely stop by This is Knit and have a look around!

Be back soon,
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a cute logo and sign for their shop! I love how they made and dyed all the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay! You found TIK! That's my LYS. Love it. Jackie and Lisa (the owners) are wonderful, as are all the rest of the staff!

    ReplyDelete