Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Ring of Kerry

Hello,

Day 13 was our Ring of Kerry tour. The scenery is gorgeous, but for us, it was a rainy, foggy day, so we didn't get to see everything quite as well. I have to be honest, it was a bit of a letdown for me. Before we got to the ring, we stopped at the Kerry Bog Village Museum. It was an interesting stop. We went quickly through it, but from what I gathered, it was showing how the Irish people in that area used to live and how the peat bogs worked. I'd explain more, but like I said, we went through it so fast I didn't really catch all that much. I did take a few pictures though:

These were the peat bogs we drove by on our way there.

If you look good and hard at the lady in the picture, I think she is knitting!

Irish wolfhounds.

After this we continued on to what I thought was going to be the highlight of the day, but for me it wasn't. It probably was just the weather though.

Oh, before that we stopped to get a picture of this man with his donkeys and little dog.

Now this was the real highlight for me I got to the sea!!

My feet at the seaside!!

After I reluctantly left the beautiful sea, we finished up the last leg of the tour.

We stopped for a tea break in a little town, and I had to take a picture of these adorable houses.

That was enough touring for me that day. The rain wasn't fun to be out in, and when we got up higher into the mountains it got very windy. Driving back through the woods was gorgeous though, and probably my next favourite thing after the sea.

When we got back to the hotel, Mom and I went out shopping and bought ourselves some sweaters from the Aran Sweater Outlet and then stopped at a cafe for some tea to go, we both needed to thaw out after the cold wet day. We had an early evening and went to bed not too much longer after we got back in. The next day we were on our way to Waterford.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you how jealous I am of your trip to Ireland? I so want to go...but we just can't right now. Perhaps in a couple of years we'll go (Husband has been there, I have not).

    ReplyDelete