Thursday, September 27, 2012

On the Way to Killarney

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, we didn't have free wifi in Waterford. I'll be backtracking a bit for a few more posts. Today I will focus on the rest of our journey from Dublin to Killarney. I had so many pictures from the Japanese Gardens that I knew I couldn't fit the the whole day into one post, so we will carry on from where we left off.

After leaving Kildare, we drove on to "view" St. Patrick's great Rock of Cashel. When the itinerary says you will "view" something, what it really means is that you may get the chance to stop the coach and take a very quick photo, usually from the side of the road. Which is exactly what we did.

We stopped at this little town, I can't remember the name right now, but it was between Cashel and Kilkenny. Mom had gotten her shoes quite wet when she went on the walk to see the thoroughbred horses at our last stop, so the first place we went to was a shoe store, then the pharmacy to get some more dry shampoo for me since I was running low, and we finished off the stop by getting some lunch at a cafe/restaurant. I took some quick photos while we walked along, which explains why they are crooked.

This is where we got lunch upstairs in the restaurant part.

We then continued on our way to Tipperary.

We stopped for a quick break in the town of Adare, it has the cutest thatched roof houses and a beautiful Abbey.

The Abbey was so huge it was hard to get a good photo of it.

After stopping here, we continued on our way.

By the time we got into Killarney, it was raining so I didn't get anymore pictures. Mom and I ordered up some room service for dinner and then headed out to the Aran Sweater Mill Outlet right across the road to do some browsing, and then we went to one other cute shop where we got some gifts and then it was time to call it a night. All those early mornings were catching up with us, so we thought a nice good night's sleep would do us both good since the next day we had a tour around The Ring of Kerry.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. <3 the Wonka Sweets shop!
    If you ever want to make collages to group pics, Picasa 3 is free and part of Google & Gmail.

    ReplyDelete