Sunday, September 16, 2012

London 2012

Hello from London!

My mom and I are on a Britain, Scotland, Ireland and Wales tour for 3 weeks. We are only a few days into the trip, and we are having a wonderful time. Tonight we are in York, England and tomorrow we head to Edinburg. I have been taking pictures along the way and I thought posting them would be a fun way to document the trip, so here are some from our second day in London. Our first day was pretty laid back, we got off our flight in the morning and then had to get to the hotel and after a little rest we went shopping on Oxford Street, which was amazing! For one "fashion girl" this was like a dream come true. I hope to get back there before we fly home.

Anyway, back to today's post. Here are some pictures highlighting our first real "tour" day.

This is the Albert Monument.

This is some millionaire's house and I had to get a picture, isn't it gorgeous?

The entrance to the Victoria and Albert Museum. See, they are having a ball gown exhibit, how fun!

A Burberry window display...being London and all, I just couldn't resist. By the way, how awesome is that gold trench!

While we're on window displays, this is Louis Vuitton's newest one. There will always be a special place in my heart for Louis Vuitton. These polka dots are so fun! I've liked polka dots since I was a very little girl...I think it all started with Minnie Mouse.

Big Ben, with the London Eye in the background.

Westminister Abbey. It was stunning to see from the outside, maybe we'll go in for a tour before we head home.

My beautiful Mom by the telephone booth.

Trafalgar Fountain.

Buckingham Palace!

The horses ridding by.

The famous balcony.

Saint Paul's Cathedral.

And last but not least, the view from my bed at the hotel.

I will be back when I can with more pictures,
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh Railli,
    Looks like you are having an amazing trip, I can see you have been to some of the places we enjoyed on our trip, Oxford street is amazing-I found a huge yarn section in John Lewis if you get back there :0)
    Have a wonderful time, Much love, mel x x
    womaninashoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome trip so far! The history and architecture of London's buildings are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete