Monday, September 27, 2010

Miniature Monday


Hello Knitters,

Over the last few days I've been reading back through all the posts on the Mochimochi Land blog and I've become inspired to begin my own miniature knitting challenge.  I am going to do Miniature Monday on the blog where on Mondays I will post a picture of something miniature that I have knitted, over the weekend/week before.  I will probably start off with a lot of the Mochimochi Land patterns since those are what I'm currently enjoying, but I'm not going to rule out trying to come up with a few of my own once I learn the ropes!  I thought this would help me keep up with my blogging, even during this busy time, and it would also make there be something to look forward to seeing on the blog on Mondays - like a little Monday pick-me-up :-)  I hope you all enjoy it!! 

This week's miniature is the "Plucky Mushrooms" from Knitting Mochimochi.  However, mine have a bit of an unplanned modification.  I read the instructions wrong because I was knitting while chatting with my sister, so I wasn't paying attention, and ended up with a "tall" mushroom.  I considered ripping him back and doing him over again, but by then he started growing on me.  Now I'm quite fond of him! 

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, and I neat idea for Monday posts. I'll be watching to see what you come up with. What are you going to do with your mini's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny! I'm not 100% sure what I will do with all of them, but I know some will be stocking stuffers and gifts while others I might just give away to those I think would like them. I'd also like to try leaving some around in random public places for other's to find - I've always thought that was such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete