Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Projects, Projects, Projects....

Hello dear knitters,

Ok, I have a confession to make: I have WAY too many on the go projects, and half-completed projects and projects that are waiting to be started....and I'm embarrassed to admit that instead of having a case of finish-itis, I'm having a case of start-itis. This could not have come at a more inopportune time! All of this unfinished-ness has been going on for a while now, but I've been turning a blind eye to it until this evening when while catching up on the IBK board, Mel asked the question of how many projects we had that were current, long-term and hibernating. I couldn't honestly say! I really don't know, and I'm not sure I want to.... But then I got to thinking about how much all of this "need-to-finish" knitting has been weighing on me even though I've been trying to ignore it, it's still been there. For example: I will go to get something out of a box, and oh look, there's that pair of socks I started three weeks ago, or I drop something by my yarn basket and go to pick it up and spy the hat I have almost finished. Then I start thinking about the baby sweater that just needs buttons, the one the just needs the ends woven in and buttons sewn on, the pair of rainbow socks that I started for my Mom so long ago that I can't even remember, or how about the pair I started for her last night? Oh dear, I think this is all getting to be just a little bit too much! So, here is my conclusion: I am going to spend tomorrow as a day off from other things and spend my day finishing off some of these projects and working on the ones that aren't at the finishing stage to get them at least closer to being done. What do you think? Think I can do it?? Think I can turn this case of start-itis into finish-itis? I sure hope so!! I think getting some of these things done will help reduce at least some of the stress I've been feeling lately. I'm at least going to give it my best shot!!

Now I will go check out my Ravelry project page to see what I've got listed there that needs to be done, then I'm going to make my list and get to work!

Happy Knitting Everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. You'll turn this around I'm sure of it. I'm looking forward to seeing photo's of your projects when you get them completed...... now, I'd better go and sew some buttons on that baby set that I've been putting off.

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can turn it around. Just get to it and knit!

    There're so many beautiful things there asking us to knit them. I find it very hard to resist the temptation to start new projects. But I try to be firm on myself - finish the WIPs first!

    ReplyDelete