Saturday, September 4, 2010

Where Has the Time Gone??

Hello Knitters,

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted! It's been a combination of being sick and being busy that's kept me away from the blog. I still have been working on fiber-related projects when I can sneak in the time, but I don't have a whole lot to show you right now. Most of my knitting/crocheting is what I'd like to call "undercover fiber works". This means anything from swap knitting, to gift knitting to pattern developing. Over the last week I've been doing pretty much all of those things, with the exception of a hat for myself, but I will share pictures and details on that in a few days.

On Wednesday and Thursday my Mom and I went to Petoskey and Traverse City for wedding related dress-trying-on and shopping. I did get some yarn, but not any fancy stuff. Just your regular acrylic for a baby blanket I'm going to be working on in the coming weeks. The pattern is actually called September, which I thought was fitting since that's what month it is right now. (how did it happen to get so far on in the year already?? I MUST have had my eyes closed!) I didn't even pick it because of that reason, it was just my favourite pattern in the book. It's a combination of a bunch of coloured squares put together (180 to be exact-think I might be slightly crazy?) that I guess represent all the colours of harvest fruits and veggies, although more in the baby colour range. I'm pretty excited to start working on it but first I have to get some other things off my plate.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that my crochet baby blanket has now been upgraded to an afghan for my Grandma's Christmas present. I used two huge balls of yarn and got it to the baby blanket stage, but then I thought, why not continue on and make an afghan - now I just need to get two more balls of yarn and a couple of balls of brown for the boarder.

In knitting, I've finished the knitting part of the Bitty Cabled Cardigan I'm making for my sister's friend who is due any day now. I purchased some buttons at Joanns and now I just need to sew them on and weave in the ends. Then I will have some pictures to share. I'd like to make a baby blanket to go with it, but I haven't found just the right yarn yet. Hopefully I'll stumble upon some this coming week so I get get it all done and mailed off.

So as you can see, I have high hopes of having lots of pictures of completed projects to share next time I post! Here's to hoping and perseverance!!

Have a wonderful long weekend everyone :-)

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment