Thursday, September 23, 2010

Buttons

 Hello Knitters,

I've been working away on my swap knitting today, so I can't show any pictures of my progress....at least not yet ;-)  I did however want to share pictures of my completed Bitty Cabled Cardigan.  But you know what they say about the best laid plans..... 


This is all I have to show you right now.  For some reason my pictures are uploading sideways and this little guy is the only one that stayed upright.  I'm so happy with the buttons that I wanted to do a close-up of them so you all could see how cute they are.  I've always been fascinated with buttons.  I have many fond memories of going to yard sales with my Mom when I was younger and buying the big containers of buttons people always seemed to have for sale.  I fully enjoyed coming home and pouring them out on the floor to see each and every one.  I also can remember playing with my Grandma's big brown button box, which I inherited.  It has so many buttons of all different kinds, and some are very old.  I always look forward to when I get to go button shopping for something I've knit.  I try to search for the ones that will go "just right" with the project.  My Mom actually picked the ones for the cardigan out when we were at Joann's last.  She has a very good eye for what will look good together.  I'm super happy how the whole thing turned out and I just wish I could share more pictures with you, but I will try to see if I can get them to work and put them in tomorrow's post!!

Happy Knitting!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a button lover too! My mother had an old shortening can full of buttons that she would let me play with when I was a kid. I would spend hours pouring over them. You could sort them in so many ways, colour, size, shape, style. When my daughter was younger, I'd let her play with my button collection too. Sometimes she still likes to get them out and mull over them. Do you ever wonder who invented the button and what the very first one was made of? Thanks for the memories, and your button suits your knitting perfectly.

    ReplyDelete