I thought it was time to add something new to the blog. A while back I came across this wonderful blog and seen her "Ten on Tuesday" post and thought, "what a great idea! I have to do this on my blog!" So, here I am, beginning my very first "Ten on Tuesdays"!!
This week's theme is going to be My Favourite Things About Fall. It's undeniable that the season is almost upon us and I thought instead of dreading it, I'm going to embrace it with open arms!! So here we go!
- The crisp autumn days that let you know Fall has arrived.
- Adding warm layers to my wardrobe - especially when the layers are of the knitted variety.
- Seeing gourds and pumpkins for sale, and of course purchasing them to decorate our home.
- Knitting hats, scarves and mittens to protect myself from the chilly air.
- The deep, intense blue of the sky.
- Catching up on all the new trends for the season.
- Watching the leaves turn an array of amazing colours!
- Baking warm and spicy desserts such as apple crisp and pumpkin pie as well as making more soups and stews. Nothing quite says Fall like warm harvest soup with fresh hot dinner rolls.
- Drinking more tea. I view it as one of the best ways to warm oneself up. Plus, it's so soothing and relaxing making it great to unwind with at the end of the day.
- Planning Christmas gifts....sorry, but I had to say it! It's best to start doing this now so that I end up having enough time to get everything I'd like to make done, and if things don't work out as planned, I have a buffer so I can go out and purchase something that is still very nice. When left too late I'm always scrambling and end up not enjoying the holiday season at all. This year I've decided to do things right! (Or at least I'm going to give it my best shot!)
Thank you everyone for reading my list, I hope you all enjoy this new feature on the blog as much as I do.
P.S. I want to wish a very happy birthday to my wonderful friend and cousin!! I hope you have a fantastic day!!