Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Feb 23

Hello Knitters,

First off I have to say a big THANK YOU! to all of you who have left such kind, encouraging, uplifting and just all around great comments on the blog lately.  You are all totally awesome!!  I've been unable to reply to comments with my regular laptop for some reason lately.  I actually can't even view my blog with it :(  But I wish I could so that I could reply to each one of you!  But do know that I read each comment and so enjoy them!!  I'm going to do a little more searching around and see if I can fix the problem.  In the meantime, I can from time to time comment back and see the blog from my Netbook, but it's a bit slower on the dial-up connection so I don't use it very often.  It's more of my traveling laptop really.  But I just wanted to let you all know that I do appreciate all the your kind words!!

I did want to answer Stephanie's question from yesterday about if I liked the Felici yarn though: Yes, Stephanie, I really, really like it!!  Both the fingering and sport weights are great.  They're super soft - so great to knit with and even better on your feet!  They (so far) wash great too, although I've only handwashed mine, but the label says it's machine washable and I've heard others have had great success with it.  What I like best is how I can do a plain vanilla sock and not get bored at all - watching the colours change is very fun!  lol  Small things amuse me :)  I'd highly recommend it though.  The fingering weight is a little thinner than their Stroll yarn and it's a more tightly spun yarn which I like because it means less splitting.  The sport weight is a bit thinner than other sport weights I've used and it's not as tightly spun as the fingering weight version, but it is super soft and makes great little baby items as well as quicker socks!  But this is all just my two cents worth :) lol 
Now, on to my little list of WIPs!!  This week I'm just trying to stick to the three projects and not get sidelined trying to finish up the other WIPs that keep being found all over the house.....  So far, I've done pretty good.  My list this week includes:


1. Granny Stripes Blanket - Since this is the biggest of all my projects, I think I need to devote a good chunk of my time to it to get it finished off before the wedding!  I can think of nothing worse than trying to finish this up on the plane!  They'd probably make me buy it it's own seat!  lol  It's coming along really well though and I'm really enjoying it, so that's great.  I find it incredibly relaxing to work on!

2. Galapagos Shawl - This got a good bit of time spent on it over the weekend and is getting pretty close to completion.  The colours are fantastic and the yarn is super soft to knit with.  I'm currently on the "knotted open-work" section right now.  The pattern is called Summer Flies.  I thought it was a very pretty and easy one, plus the butterflies kind of just drew me in....

3. Ishbel - Oh poor Ishbel!  She has been neglected over the last while.  I really need to seriously sit down and work on her since I'm planning on wearing her at the wedding.  That means I have about a month to finish her, but with the Pancake House opening soon, I will be super busy baking so that won't leave much time for knitting - meaning she has to get done within the very near future.  She might end up being my weekend knitting project.

That's it for my current WIPs.  My other ones are just sitting somewhat patiently by waiting for their turn.  In the meantime, I'm just going to keep plugging away on these and hopefully they will be featured on a Finished Project Friday post soon. 

Happy Knitting!!

3 comments:

  1. Take my unsolicited advice--weave in the ends as you go on your blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahalo for answering my question :O). What is the Pancake House? You're opening up a new biz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @knittingknirvana

    ha ha ha, you would know!

    Great blanket! Love those colours! And the Galapagos Shawl looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete