Saturday, February 5, 2011

Knitting Together

Hello Knitters,

I have to apologize for not getting the pictures of the booties today.  I was thinking about it this morning, but then I was cleaning and forgot and when I remembered again, it was too dark to take any pictures without the flash coming on.  However, it's been a dreary day here so I don't know if I could have gotten a good picture anyways.  I will have to save them for Monday's post. 

In other knitting news, my sister came down today and is spending the night so we can do a knit-along together (and visit too of course)!!  We both have wanted to knit the Inca Snowflake from Itty-Bitty Hats for a while now, so I ordered us some Knit Picks Chroma in worsted weight and it arrived this past week.  She's knitting with Lollipop (which is so fun and is my favourite) and I'm knitting with Roller Skate (also very pretty, but more muted than hers).  I think that hers looks like a tropical inspired hat and mine is a Nordic one :)  Since the yarn is so soft we're not sure if we'll do the fleece lining, but I'd like to try it just to learn how.  It's really fun knitting these together and I'm excited to see what they look like when they're done.  Right now we're both mesmerized with watching the colours gradually change! 

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend, and have a great Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow if you're a football fan!  We're not football people here, but I'd never pass up a good chance to sit and knit :)

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. THat sounds like so much fun! :) My sister knows how to knit but she's not into it like I am. I'd love to have a knit together! Enjoy the time with your sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colorways sound so fun! I'll be sittin' and knittin' while the men yell their heads off and stuff their faces.

    ReplyDelete