Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Feb. 2

Hello Knitters,

This week I thought I'd share three of my WIPs that I'm currently working on.  The first one is my Pink Cotton Stria Stripes Hat, which you can see in the picture above.  I cast on for this during the Winter X-Games over the weekend.  I first learned how to knit in the round three years ago while watching the games by knitting an Itty-Bitty hat (you can check out the finished hat here if you're interested), so it's become sort of a tradition for me to knit one while watching.  I just need to finish off the top of the hat, which I hope to get done before Friday.


My second project is my second Monkey sock.  There's not too much say about it really.  I've only got the cuff done and have just begun the pattern on the leg.  I'm going to work away at it when I can find the time and hopefully I'll have a finished pair soon.


I knit these same Be Mine socks before about a year ago for the Ravelympics.  However, before I even got to wear them, they had an unfortunate incident with the lint shaver.... I never really said much about it because it was pretty upsetting to say the least.  Especially after how hard I struggled to knit them two-at-a-time.  This time I chose to do them on DPNs because I find that much easier and faster.  I'm only done the leg of the first one, but it's coming along really well.  It's a fun pattern and I really wanted to have a pair of Valentine's socks :)

Well, that's it for today!!  I hope you are all having a great week, and that those of you hit by the snow storm are keeping warm and well!

Happy Groundhog day :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Nice lil' tradition you set up there. Ooooh! I want that sock book even though I have yet to try socks from my two other books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well with your WIP's! Way to go. I just ordered some cotton stria as I just love th colours. Sad that it's discontinued. I've got a pattern for baby monkey socks that I'm hoping to try soon. I wonder if they are related to the ones you're doing.

    ReplyDelete