Monday, February 14, 2011

More Finished Projects

Hello Knitters,

Sorry for the absence around here over the weekend, and for missing Finished Project Friday.  What happened, was that when Friday rolled around I realized that I had no finished projects to blog about, and this really bothered me.  So, I ended up frantically knitting away on some WIPs to try and get them done in time to post about.  However, by the time I got the first one done, the sun had set and it was too dark to take any good pictures.  I decided to keep working on finishing up projects and wait until the next morning to take pictures and post about them.  In the meantime, I cut myself off from Ravelry as well as the computer in general to help me focus.  I ended up finding out that by not being on Ravelry or online at all, I got a ton more done than I normally do.  This was a huge thing and gave me the idea of not coming online at all over the whole weekend; which I stuck to and thus is the reason I was not around to post.  I think I'm going to find a way to work this "limiting my online time" thing into my whole week so that I can get more of these WIPs done.  I'm not 100% sure how I will do this yet, but it's a plan in the making.  In the meantime, here are some of the projects I got done over the weekend.

The first one up above is the Rainbow Marley.  I started this a very, very long time ago, but had not sewed on the little toppers - I can't explain why.  I feel so much better about it now, and I really think it came out cute!


Next is the Bunny Tail hat.  This was the second hat I knit when learning how to knit in the round, but once I got to where you add the ears, I wasn't too sure how to do them so I just put it aside.  It's also been a few years for this one, but it's so good to have it done now that Easter is coming :-)


I started this little Ruffle Sun Hat a long time ago, but left it with only a few rows left to do.  I'm so glad to have it complete now.  I forgot I even had it going until I found it on Friday night.  (I have a feeling there is going to be a lot more of that over the next little bit as a go through all my bags and bins....)


This Button-Tab Hat was supposed to be a quick last-minute Christmas gift - last Christmas (and I'm not referring to the one that just is past).  Now that it's done, I gifted it to my Mom as her Valentine's gift.  She needed a new hat to wear while walking the dog, so this worked out perfectly.  


I can honestly say I don't remember when I started this vest, but it's been a long time.  I did the 6-12 month size, but the length looks a little short to me.  Oh well, I'm sure it will fit some little guy! 


This is the last wig I needed to make for Mom's pig.  It's an Afro.  She decided that she didn't want the Mohawk, so that worked out great for me.  I'm so happy to have this one done now, it had been hanging over my head since the summer. 


I posted about this blanket back in the fall, and now it's finally finished!!  It was probably my most favourite project that I worked on this past weekend.  I'd use this pattern again and again - it was very easy and has such cute results. 

Well, that's it!!  I'm hoping to keep at it and get more projects finished this week.  I'm giving myself a bit of a break from Ishbel and the Be Mine socks and am working on more WIPs right now until I get a few more finished.  Then I can relax and enjoy knitting the other two without so many unfinished projects hanging around :-)

Have a great week everyone.

Happy Knitting!!

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I understand about the whole online time; sometimes I get hooked and end up on the computer all day which means no knitting done. Good for you on being disciplined. I love the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job getting so many WIPs done! what i have tried to do (since i don't have WIPs but I have a lot of things in my queue) I made groups on my ravelry queue of things i want to make each week and thats my goal for the week. :] last week i made 9 hats!

    ReplyDelete