Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Polka Dot Twirly Skirt


Hello Knitters,

This is going to be a quick post since I'm in the middle of getting ready to leave. My sister is away on business, so I'm going home for a few days. I will be back here again on Friday when my sister's bridesmaid Jessica is flying in for a weekend visit. Until then, I'm going home for a bit of relaxing and enjoying being by the water :-)

One of the things I wanted to share with you all today is my "polka dot twirly skirt" I made yesterday. I know the picture above is a bit dark, but I got my sister to take it after midnight last night when she got home from work. The pattern I used was Burda Young 7910 and it's View A. It's a super fast and easy pattern. I would say it took me 2 or 2 1/2 hours to complete it from start to finish. It consists of two skirt panels (front and back) that are sewn down the sides and an elastic waistband with casing and then you just hem it. Next time though, I think I will do french seams so that it's more finished on the inside. Now I just need to find a top to wear with it!



The other thing I want to tell you about is The Love Bug Experiment. You can read the full story here or check out the Ravelry group. I came across this yesterday and thought it was such a great idea. The general plan is to knit, crochet or sew a "love bug" then attach a kind note and leave it somewhere to be found by someone else just for the sake of touching other people's lives and bringing them a smile. I thought it was so cute! Kelsey over at Caffeinated Frenzy has an adorable "love bug" knitting pattern, or you can make any pattern you'd like. There are lots of cute ones on Ravelry so the possibilities are endless!! I'm going to have to make some "love bugs" soon and place them around town! I hope that you join in, there's nothing better than being able to brighten up someone's day :-)



(Love bug photos by Kelsey Leib)

Well, I should get back to getting my things together. I will try to post while at home, but if things don't work out I should be back by Friday. Have a great day everyone!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. Those Love Bugs are so cute! And what a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your skirt turned out wonderfully. It looks like a "twirler". Morganna used to love skirts that twirled when you spun around. She's much too dignified for that now of course. I think the Love Bug idea is great, and I can think of more than a few places I'd like to leave some.

    ReplyDelete