Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Cake

Hello Knitters,
I'm back again at my sister's house. We had a great weekend celebrating her birthday with our family. Above is a picture of the cake a made. It's a strawberry cheesecake sandwiched between two layers of sponge cake, filled with layers of fresh strawberries and whipped cream and then iced with whipped cream. It's her favourite cake, so it went over very well.
Yesterday was filled with appointments so I didn't get a chance to do very much crafting. I started a pair of socks a couple of days ago and I finished the first one last night. I forgot to take a picture though. Maybe I'll wait until the pair is complete and then show you. That will give me more incentive to finish them!
With all the busyness these last couple of days, I didn't get any time to work on my sewing. I decided that I'm going to complete my 30 days, but not necessarily in exactly 30 days - I'm going to stick to the commitment of sewing for 30 minutes each day on as many days as it's possible, but when I miss a day or to, I'm just going to pick back up where I left off. This way I can still complete the challenge, but at a pace that works with my current life schedule. I want to enjoy this endeavor and I find the idea of forcing myself to sew on super busy days to be a very unpleasant thought. Summertime is all about relaxing, taking things easy, and enjoying yourself, so that's the way I'm going to approach this challenge. I'm hoping that by sticking with this, I will come to like sewing even more.


Today I baked some bread, and during the waiting times, I snuck in some sewing. I started a couple projects that I can't talk about here on the blog just yet, but that's a little peek at one of them. Another thing I'm working on is a skirt for myself. It seems like an easier pattern, so maybe I'll have it done soon. Also, I learned today that my cousin's graduation is on the 29th, so I thought it would be a fun goal to make myself a dress to wear to it. I guess this means I should get looking for a pattern and some fabric....I think this means a little trip to the fabric store is in order!

Well, I hope you all are having a wonderful week and that everyone who is participating in the 30 Days of Sewing Challenge is enjoying themselves! I'm off to bed now so that I'll hae the energy to get right back to work in the morning.

Happy Knitting and Sewing Everyone!

P.S. While home on the weekend, I forgot to get the extra yarn I needed to complete my dotted chicken, so I'm going to have to work on it next week when I'm back home. Just thought I should update you all on the progress there!

1 comment: