Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nip Cancer Girls

Hello Knitters,

I have a special announcement to make!!

Hop on over here to check out a few things I donated to the Nip Cancer Girls. Linsay and her friend Jessica are selling items in their etsy shop to help raise money for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for a Cure. There are quite a few lovely and adorable items in their shop and I hope you pop over and take a look. All the money goes to the Susan G. Komen foundation so it's a very, very worthy cause! I met Linsay (mommieof4munchkins) through Ravelry and was so touched when I heard she was raising money for breast cancer. I lost my Auntie Lorna to breast cancer, and even though I was very young at the time and don't remember much, my Mom was really close friends with her and I've seen the impact the loss has made in her life. My sister's future Mother-in-law also had breast cancer, and I'm happy to say she is a survivor! Our family has been touched numerous times by breast cancer as well as all forms of cancer, so anytime I see a way to help with finding a cure, I do my best to donate what I can. Please take the time to go and check out their shop. If you'd like more information on the Nip Cancer Girls, you can look here, you can join their facebook fan page, and even follow them on twitter @nipcancergirls. Way to go Linsay and Jessica, you two are wonderful examples for us all! I wish you both all the best in the world!

2 comments: