Monday, June 7, 2010

Just a Regular Day

Hello Knitters,

I hope everyone is getting their week off to a good start. Today I went to the dentist for a cleaning, and got to go to Walmart with my Mom to pick up some sweats and slippers. I'm staying at my sister's new house with her this week and forgot to pack something comfortable for just lounging around the house. This morning I answered the door at like 11:30 am in my jammies, since I had nothing else to wear while sewing, and scared the Jehovah Witnesses pretty good! lol I felt pretty stupid at the time, but had a good laugh at myself about it later. I was so flustered (as were they) that I still took their paper while trying to explain that I'm a Christian and already have my faith, so I didn't need to go to their convention. They were probably thinking "boy does that girl need some help!"

I haven't gotten around to actually knitting anything since I've been here, but I did get some sewing done. Last time I posted I was working on a baby quilt that needed to be hand-tied, and I did get it almost completed. I ran out of embroidery floss with only four ties to go. Now I've got to go on the search for some more floss that will match. So in the mean time, I'm working on sewing a top for myself. One of my goals is to sew some summer clothes for me, so this is my starting piece. I was debating whether or not to make it a top or a dress, but I think I decided, with the help of my sister, to make it into a longer top. The pattern I'm using is the "Smashing Smock" from Anna Maria Horner's book Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing. By the way, I don't think I ever mentioned this before, but back in the spring, my Mom won a Toshiba Netbook from the Tim Horten's "Roll Up the Rim to Win" contest, and since she's not really a computer user, she gave it to me (I love, love, love my Mom!!), but I haven't really figured out how to upload pictures just yet. Maybe by my next post I'll have figured it out.

Anyways, I should get going. I think I might try out my sister's new stove and make some cheesecake squares. Have a great evening everyone!

Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment