Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Birthday Bash!!

Hello Knitters,



Today was my sister's birthday!! Her fiance and I had her a little party when she got home from work. He did the BBQing and I provided the salad and cake. I didn't bake this one, it was an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I'm going to bake her real birthday cake on the weekend when we can celebrate at home with the whole family.



This is the lovely couple! Aren't they just so adorable?


I'm not much of a singer, so Jake sang the birthday song to her. This is her "encouraging him to sing" look.


When she blew out her candles she had one left. It's her "one true love" candle.

She said she had a great day, and I'm so happy that I could be a part of it. She's the best sister in the world, and I'm so lucky to have her in my life!

On the crafting front, I officially joined the "30 days of sewing" group today. I'm so excited about this. Janelle had such a great idea, and I'm glad she's letting us all join her. My goal is to work on sewing myself some summer clothes as well as some housewares for my sister's new home. I think this is going to be the perfect thing to help keep me on track. I'm also seriously considering applying this to my knitting, since I have way too many WIPs that need to get finished. I'll think it over, and let you know what I decide.




After all the trouble I had with my top yesterday, I decided to work on something a little less stressful so I made two coasters for my sister. They are something that she doesn't have yet, and I can see that they will come in real handy. I didn't worry too much about perfect lines and shapes, but focused more on the handmade look. I really like how they turned out, and best of all both her and Jake think they're nice!

Well, it's late, and I've had a long day. I'm off to bed now. Have a great night everyone!

Happy Knitting and Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. That is the first time I've seen Jake. Ice cream cake from Diary Queen sounds good! I wish I could have one!!!! I left her a message on Facebook wishing her Happy Birthday, but I don't know if she got it or not. Anyway, things look great!

    ReplyDelete