Today's Ten on Tuesdays theme is '10 Things I've learned about weddings.'
- Planning a wedding is pretty much like having a second full-time job - just ask my sister!
- There is a LOT of work that goes into a wedding.
- It's really not just about the bride and groom - its about both of their whole families.
- Make sure you carry and use hand sanitizer!! Always!! No exceptions!! Due to the fact that you are run down from all the planning, you tend to pick up bugs more easily.
- At the beginning of the engagement there is lots to do, then there are these "quiet months" where you can't do anything, then before you know it the day is upon you and you have more to do than is humanly possible.
- No matter how many people you think will decline, they really won't.
- Always bring a picture of what you'd like your hair and makeup to look like to the hairdressers, they don't do well just going from what you tell them you'd like to look like.
- Things will be emotional, so make sure you have a hankie handy - even during the planning stages!
- Always have someone to guard your money box - this is from recent activity in our area.
- Everything will work out in the end - and even if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world and you will still have an amazing day.