Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ten on Tuesdays

Hello Knitters,

This week's Ten on Tuesdays theme is "Patterns I Want to Knit."

  1. Red Fox by Susan B. Anderson - from the Holiday 2010 issue of Knit Simple. This little guy is so cute, and since we have quite a lot of red foxes around our place, I thought he would be a fun one to knit.
  2. Reversible Hedgehog/Squirrel by Susan B. Anderson - from the Holiday 2010 issue of Knit Simple. Definitely one of my favourites from the Woodland Creature Collection.  I think the squirrel's acorn's look like little handbags!! 
  3. Windsor Warmer by Cecily Glowik MacDonald - from New England Knits.  I'm thinking about knitting this up for my Mom's Christmas present.  She said she would like a cowl this year, and this is such a pretty pattern.
  4. Squirrel on Wheels by Anna Hrachovec - from Knitting Mochimochi.  This one happens to be another gift.  My friend J always calls her Mom "squirrel" and I thought she would get a kick out of this!
  5. Ballet Flats by Marta Mccall - from Knitted Gifts.  Another pattern to knit for my Mom for Christmas.  She requested these as soon as I purchased the book.
  6. Tree Line Cardigan by Hannah Fettig - from Interweave's Weekend 2010 magazine.  There is just something special to me about this design, it kind of reminds me of the sweaters my Grandma used to knit for me when I was a little girl, but an updated version.  Very fun.
  7. Casual Comfort by Lisa Gentry - from Knit Celebrity Slouchy Beanies for the Family.  I really like the effortless beauty of this hat.  It seems like a great thing to throw on when having a bad hair day now that the days are getting cold enough to wear a hat.
  8. Lacy Scarf by Debbie Bliss - from The Knitter's Year.  I bought this book because the cover with the scarf was so pretty.  (There isn't a pattern page on Ravelry yet for the scarf, so I just linked to the book's page, but it is the one that is on the cover.)
  9. Flower Mittens by Sue Flanders and Janine Kosel- from Norwegian Handknits.  I've always been intrigued by Latvian mittens, and these ones with a design from Norway would be keeping in connection with my roots.
  10. Pack o' Puppies Mitts by Stacey Trock - from Spud and Chloe's pattern line.   I'd like to make these for my friend A's little girl for Christmas.  She has such a vivid imagination, and I think she would have a lot of fun with these. 
Well, I hope you enjoyed this week's edition of Ten on Tuesdays!!  Have a great week everyone.

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment