Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Teddy Bear Picnic Swap Package #3


Hello Knitters,

I've finally got pictures of my final swap package from my fantastic swap partner Leanne (Lunatic84 on Ravelry)!  She sent me an amazing package to wrap everything up.  She included: some yummy homemade chocolates that never made it into the pictures!  lol a bouquet of flower-shaped suckers, a container of mints, a Nerds lip balm (which is so cool because I used to buy Nerds for a snack after swimming lessons every week when I was a kid!), as well as a tape measure, some super cute sticky notes and sticky tabs, a Yorkie notepad (I've already used this quite a few times!), two beautiful sets of handmade stitch markers, a very soft and warm blanket, and then for the yarn there is a skein of Knit Picks Shimmer Lace in the colourway called Stained Glass, a skein of Earth Collection Ranch 100% Alpaca in a white/grey twist and a skein of On Your Toes sock yarn that was custom handdyed just for me in a gorgeous colour called Aurora! 
 
 
Here's a close-up of the stitch markers.  They are so gorgeous!!  I think she made them herself :-)  I'm  really starting to get into collecting them, they've become one of my favourite knitting accessories!
 
 
The colour of the Shimmer is more purple and vivid than is showing up in the pictures, and it's so shiny due to the silk in the yarn.  The Ranch yarn is extremely soft!!  I'm excited to find patterns to make with these two!

 
Now this is the custom dyed, soft as butter On Your Toes sock yarn!  I'm not sure, but I think Leanne dyed it herself, she's so talented!!  The colours are very pretty!!  The picture just doesn't do it justice.  It's going to be such a treat to knit with this and to wear the socks when they're done!!  I've heard lots about the brand, but have never even seen it in person, so I'm very excited to try it out!!
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you Leanne!!  You've been such a wonderful swap partner!!  I feel so incredibly spoiled and blessed!!  I'm not quite finished knitting the Baby Bear to go with the whole set, but I will get cracking so she'll be all ready for tea party pictures soon :-) 
 
Happy Knitting!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you like everything! I had so much fun putting it together.
    I did make the stitch markers, and I dyed the sock yarn! They are part of my new obsession, I am having a hard time knitting all the stuff I am dying!
    I thought you would like the Aurora colourway, and if you didn't want to make socks, the colour would look fabulous on you if you used it as a scarf.

    Enjoy everything! Lots of hugs,Leanne

    ReplyDelete