Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Little Baking


Hello All,

How is everyone's weekend going? Mine has been good so far. The weather here hasn't been the best, but it was nice to just relax yesterday due to the rain. I did some baking, actually I should call it recipe testing since I was trying out new recipes looking for some new favourites, which was fun. What can I say, I really enjoy baking, especially when it involves trying something for the first time.

I made this.

And after a little mixing...


There were these.


Which were named "the best peanut butter cookies ever!" by my Mother.


I got both recipes from Smitten Kitchen and you can find them here, and here. I highly recommend trying them out. The blueberry crumb bars are a great way to use up either some fresh blueberries or frozen ones from last year, which is what I did. And like I said, my Mother thought the peanut butter cookies were amazing, so those are definitely worth a try! I had to leave four out in a baggy for her to snack on while I froze the rest because she said if I didn't do that she would eat them all.

On another note, today was Elizabeth Zimmerman's birthday, and according to The Yarn Harlot's page-a-day calender, it is a knitters holiday. I'm very excited, because I've never had a knitters holiday! Yay me!! "What do people do on knitters holidays?" was the question I was asked by my Mother when I told her about it. "Oh, you knit of course!" is what I said in reply, as if I've been enjoying them all my life. Honestly though, I really don't know what you are supposed to do. I mean I just assumed that knitting would be the thing, but what if it isn't? Is there anyone out there who knows what I am really to do? Maybe I should do some research...
Happy Weekend!
P.S. This is just a little something to put a smile on your face. How's that for spunk??




No comments:

Post a Comment