Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Change in the Season??

Hello All,

It feels like Fall here today. I hate to say it, but it really does. I'm trying to find something to bake for the family, and I keep being drawn towards things like warm crisps, pumpkin and apples, and fragrant spices such as cinnamon and ginger...all the makings for some cozy sweets. This may just be me, but since we've had such a cold summer, it really seems time for it to be Fall. There's that little "something" in the air, I don't know if you'd call it a crisp, a slight chill, or a harvest-time smell, but it is there. I'm not a fan of Winter, but I truly do love Fall. It's such a beautiful season, full of excitement at seeing the leaves change into some of the most magnificent colours. Here in the north, it comes sooner and is quite quick, so you have to enjoy every minute of it. Every year I find myself trying to fit as many Fall crafts into the season as is humanly possible. It can get a little hectic, but I love the rush of trying to get them done before the leaves fall off. No matter how much I love the season, I do not want to see Summer end. I am going to hold on to it for as long as I can! The forecast for our area says we are to be colder than usual for the first 10 days in August, but I can hope for a warm-up for the remainder of the month now can't I?

Last night was our neighbouring community's Community Night. I walked down to the harbour to look at the boats, and seen the most magnificent scene ever! And me without my camera. The way the clouds were placed and the reflection of the sailboats in the fading sunset was amazing. I'm hoping to get down there tonight, this time with my camera, and maybe I'll see a similar sight. One can only hope. Wish me luck!

Happy Knitting!

P.S. I wanted to share this little saying, because I feel it makes the cooler weather seem not quite as bad:

"When the bold branches bid farewell to rainbow leaves - welcome wool sweaters." -B. Cybrill

No comments:

Post a Comment