Monday, August 3, 2009

Harbour Shots

Hello All,

I did get down to the harbour last evening for some pictures. It wasn't in the same lighting as the night before, but it still was stunning. I got lots of pictures that I hope in the future I can use for inspiration for some paintings. I've been working on my watercolour painting skills the last few days. About 3 years ago I took a two day class on painting, but I haven't done much since. I got to thinking about it a while ago, and thought I'd like to get back to it. I'm not very good, but I find the whole process very fun. It's relaxing in a sense, and fulfilling to create your own interpretation of a scene or feeling. I prefer to do my paintings in a little less detail than most, but that's just my personal preference.

I'm attempting to make dinner tonight for the family. What I've got planned is, Southern Fried Chicken, Cherry Cola Salad, Tossed Green Salad and Red-Skinned Potatoes. For dessert I made some lemon bars, which are my sister's favourite. She specifically asked for them this morning when we were having our coffee together. She's a big fan of anything lemon. I'm hoping everything works out, and tastes great. Now I am off to work on the preparations.

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment