Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ladybugs, Bumble Bees and Pies...Oh My!



Hello All,

These are the cupcakes I made to bring for dinner when we went to my Aunt and Uncle's cottage on Tuesday night. Their two grandsons are camping with them as well, so I wanted to make something that I knew they would get a kick out of. They ended up being a huge hit! I'm so pleased when my baking is well enjoyed. It makes my little heart sing. I love bringing joy to others through something I've made.

Here's a close up of a ladybug.

The cupcakes are the white buttermilk cupcakes from Martha Stewart's Cupcake book. The instructions for the ladybugs and bumble bees are from there also. I'm a huge Martha Stewart fan, so I highly recommend this book. It's chock full of great recipes and adorable ideas. The icing recipe is a marshmallow fluff buttercream from Hello Cupcake! which is another great book if you enjoy making these delectable little cakes. I find they are the perfect thing to bring for picnics and outdoor eating, because they are contained in their own little liners and are easily enjoyed with little mess or clean-up.

I will leave you with a picture of a blueberry and raspberry pie I baked this morning for a customer of mine.


Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment