Friday, August 21, 2009

Confessions of a Wedding Cake Baker - Day 3

Good Morning All,

Today is the day. I'm excited and nervous about it. I did manage to get the cakes all filled and iced last night by around 10-10:30 pm. I had some help from my Mom and my Sister, and if it wasn't for them I would probably still be icing. Here is a little tip for anyone who wants their icing to look smooth around the sides of the cake: use a metal bench scraper. What you do is, put your cake on a turn table, then while holding the scraper in one hand along the side of the cake, turn the cake with the other hand, and it smooths out the sides. It does a really good job, especially when it's late at night and you can't see anymore.

Today's goal is to put in the dowels, stack the cakes and then pipe on some decorations and place the flowers.

I'll post pictures once I get things more together, right now it is a rush against the clock. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment