Monday, May 28, 2012

Patchwork Socks

Hello,

I finished my Patchwork Socks last night!!  They were such a great knit and I think they were extra fun because I took part in the knit-along on the Itty-Bitty Group.  It was great to get encouragement and share progress reports with all the other knitters.  I found it particularly neat to see that once some of us had gathered together our yarn scraps it was clear what was our favourite colours were.

Here is the pile of yarn I started with.  As you can see I like pink quite a lot....


And here they are finished and on my feet:



These pretty much flew off my needles.  I wonder if it was because I was always wanting to see what colours would come next.  I'm really happy with how they turned out and I'm so glad I didn't rip them back when I wanted to.  I thought the colours weren't working well together, but now I can see that they actually look good.  This was a great pattern for using up some of my sock yarn scraps, which I seem to have quite a few of....  Next I'd like to try some hexipuffs for a Bee Keeper's Quilt, so you may see some on the blog here in the near future.

Our power has gone off quite a few times since I started writing this post due to some thunderstorms we've had go through the area this evening, so I should post this before it goes out again.  I hope that you are having better weather in your area tonight.

Be back soon,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Your socks are so cute. Just looking at the array of yarn you used is fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete