Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kai-Mei and a Chick

Hello,

I finished up March's socks over the weekend.  They turned out really nice and the yarn was a dream to knit with.  The pattern, Kai-Mei by Cookie A, was easy, fun, and fast too since the lace is only on the foot section.  I was very intrigued by the way that the decreases and increases made the lace panel move across the foot, it kept things interesting and addictive.  I would knit this pattern again for sure.  The only thing I did wrong was that I knitted to 7 inches from the heel before starting the toe decreases and probably should have started them at 6 inches instead.  They're a little bit big, but that's okay, I think it just makes them more comfy.  I'm definitely not giving them away, I don't think I could part with them.




March Socks - Kai-Mei
Started: March 1, 2012
Finished: March 24, 2012
Pattern: Kai-Mei by Cookie A from Sock Innovation
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns Luxury Sock - Colour: Matcha
Needles: 2.75mm Harmony DPNs

And just to add a little cuteness to your day:


My friend Nicky showed me this pattern yesterday and I thought it was so cute that I had to crochet it right away.  The pattern is Easter Chick by Jennifer Bennett, and it's quick, easy, and well written, just the thing for a last-minute Easter or springtime gift.  Since I made her for a friend who really likes purple, I thought the little bow was the perfect finishing touch.

Have a great day everyone!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those socks! Cookie A is a phenomenal sock designer; I want to take one of her classes this year; hopefully she'll be at Interweave Knits again.
    Cute chickie. I'm craving Peeps now.

    ReplyDelete