Wednesday, July 6, 2011

KAL Shawlette Edge Pattern

Hello!

I'm finally back with the edge pattern for the shawlette! I'm sorry for the delay, we didn't have Internet access for a few days, but now that we are heading back southwards, we should have it at each hotel....at least I hope so. We are now in Alta, Norway and it is such a beautiful country! We have been seeing lots of fjords and mountains, which are my favourite!! I'm so excited to see more of this country.

I did (almost) finish my shawlette in time to wear at the North Cape last night! I say almost because I ran out of yarn when doing the edge. I was too lazy to take it out to where I could make it work, so I just left it half finished and wore it as it was. I'm very happy with how it turned out and it was just the thing I needed to keep my neck warm in the cold, midnight wind up there. Mom took a few pictures that I will hopefully add to the same photobucket album as before, either tonight or tomorrow. I also whipped up a crochet hat last evening because the weather ended up being a lot colder than I was expecting and I wanted to protect my ears. Plus, I was too cheep to buy one from the souvinere shop! Ok, enough rambling, here is the pattern.

KAL Shawlette Edge Pattern

Crochet hook: K (6.5 mm)

Abbreviations:
Ch - chain
Sc - single crochet
Skp - skip
St(s) - stitch(es)
Dc - double crochet

After binding off, leave the last loop on you needle. Transfer it to your crochet hook and turn the work so you will be crocheting through the stitches you just bound off.

Row 1: ch 1, sc in next 2 sts, *ch 5, sk 1, 3 sc* repeat to last 3 sts; ch 5, sk 1, 2sc. (since I was working on this while on the bus, I didnt have the ability to figure out how to make my amount of stitches to match this pattern as planned, I think I was off a stitch somewhere, but I just fudged it to make it work by skipping an extra stitch and it worked out fine, so if you have this problem too, you can do that as well until I can figure it out).

Row 2: ch 1, sc 1, *(4 dc, ch 2, 4 dc) in ch-5 space, sc in central sc of 3 sc*, repeat till last sc, sc in last stitch.

Bind off and weave in ends.

I hope this makes sense! I can't wait to see all of your shawlettes!!

Much Love, xx

2 comments:

  1. Coolio! I thought I would have enough yarn for both parts but I'm almost done w/the Arco Iris for the shawlette. I guess I'm a gonna have to get another hank for this edging.
    How long across is your shawl for the shoulders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stef,
    My shawl measures 44" across the top. I didnt block it since I have no pins with me, but I like it the way it is actually. It can be blocked though if you would like. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete