Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Some Christmas FOs

Hello Knitters,

There are still a few FOs that were Christmas gifts I haven't shared yet on the blog.  The first one is the Baby Doll Set from Itty-Bitty Toys.  She was a bigger project to make, but so worth it!  I made her for my cousin's daughter C and she loves her :-D  Nothing makes a knitter happier than to know her handknits are well loved and enjoyed.  I used Knit Picks CotLin and made her a red Christmas dress and hat.  Here are a few pictures:



My Mom did all the seaming and the face since I was in a bit of a rush to get her finished, that's why she looks so cute!  :-) There are more pictures and info on my Ravelry project page.

Another Christmas gift was Darling.  It's a cowl pattern I designed for my sister.  She has a very classic style so I wanted something that would go well with her wardrobe and would be something she'd want to wear.  This pattern was the result.  It's a super quick and easy knit.  I used Tahki Yarns Tornio in black, which is an awesome yarn with a good squish to it.  You can find the free pattern on my sidebar if you're interested in making one of your own.  I released it on Ravelry just before Christmas, but didn't mention it on here since I didn't want to ruin the surprise for my sister.  Here's a couple pictures:



These are some little amigurumi food that I crocheted for my dietitian.  I thought she'd find them cute :-)


And lastly, this is a flower broach I crocheted for a gift.  My Mom thought it would look nice with crystal in the center to make it sparkle.  The picture isn't the best because I took it at night before I gave it away.  It was super fast to make. 


I also knit my Mom a cute neck warmer, but I have to get a picture of her wearing it still.  All in all, I think my Christmas knitting went very well.  There are a couple of things that didn't get finished, but that's ok.  My plan for this year is to have everyone's gifts all done (or mostly) well before December.  We'll see how that goes I guess, but it is a plan :-)  Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Happy Knitting!!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you made the baby doll a red outfit! LOL...I would probably do the same and ask my mom to seam. She had helped me w/the sewing parts of the b-day cake hat. The amigurumi food set is so cute. I hope your dietitian has kids? I love your hair; you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms are the best eh? Thanks so much for the kind comments :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you knit the flower it is adorable?

    ReplyDelete