Friday, February 3, 2012

February Socks - The Beginning


Happy Friday!

Wow, it's February already!  January seemed to go by quickly and slowly at the same time, if that makes any sense.  Either way, I was still surprised to see February pop up on my calendar Wednesday.  I wasn't even prepared for Groundhog day, so there were no special celebrations at our house this year.  I remember one year where I made cupcakes with cute little groundhogs (which we mini Snicker's bars, I think) peeking out of the tops.  They were really cute and fun.  I enjoy doing holiday baking and crafts when I can, so I was a little sad not to have done any this time.  Oh well, there's always next year, and Valentine's Day is practically right around the corner.  Which probably means I should start making some plans....

I cast on this month's socks on the 1st.  Those are them up above.  I didn't do the random pick this month because I knew I had this red, pink, and white yarn in one of the bags and it seemed like the perfect pair of socks to knit during the Valentine's season.  It's the Lava Flow pattern by Sockbug, and they are just flying right along.  The slip stitch pattern is easy to memorize and adds a bit more interest and fun texture to the socks, which is a bonus in my books.  I think I'm going to knit these for my Mom.  She lovingly wears the socks I've knit her regularly, so I thought she could use another pair.  Nothing says I love you like hand-knit socks, right?

Just to give you a little update on my Grandma:  She is back at the Rest-Home now and is doing really well.  She is still on oxygen, but it is making her feel better, so that's great.  I'm just so happy to see her looking and feeling better, and it's wonderful to know she is back in her familiar surroundings where she is comfortable.  I'm looking forward to going in to see her in a couple of days.  I'm going to bring the new pair of SpillyJane mittens I'm working on to show her.  Wait, what's that?  A new pair of mittens??  Yep, I just can't help myself when it comes to those patterns.  More to come on them soon.  In the meantime, have a great start to your weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment