What a lovely surprise I got in the comments today! Stefanie from Knitspiring Odyssey has awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award Part 2. Thank you so much Stefanie!! You are such a sweetheart and I enjoy reading your blog all the time! You are a wonderful writer and I always go away with a smile on my face after a visit to your blog!
This time I am to share 7 random things about myself. So here it goes:
- I was a cheerleader in high school. We were the last cheerleaders in our entire school district before they turned them into dance squads. We got to wear the real cheerleader outfits, twirly skirts and all, and had these HUGE, ancient pompoms that made your arms ache after using them! Our performance song we did in front of the whole school was to "Hey Micky" and we made up the routine and learned it in 3 days, after one of our co-captains changed her mind on the routine she had made for us (which was a good idea because I thought it wasn't very good). Those three days were the only time I'd ever been at school when they still had the front doors locked. We were all so tired I was surprised we did so well and didn't drop my sister! But all the hard work was totally worth it, and I have some of the best memories from that time.
- I can play (not extremely well, but that's not the point!) the piano, violin, and flute. I cannot read music, but I play by ear. This always frustrated my music teachers because I would be playing the song how I thought it should be played, not how it was written.
- My favourite piece of clothing (if you can call them that) growing up were rubber boots. I would have worn them all year, every year, and everywhere if I could have! And I won't say I didn't try!
- I was a ballerina when I was younger. I gave up though before I got to the point shoe stage because it was taking to long....I also wasn't the most patient child....looking back though, I wish I would have stuck it out. I really did enjoy it.
- I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up. I would dream about what it would be like to see earth from outer space and to see all the stars and planets, and maybe even discover some myself. I would always stay up for the meteor showers, and it still takes my breath away to see the night sky full of brilliant stars.
- I have a thing for mugs. I'm always buying neat ones when I'm out shopping and I think polka dot ones are by far my favourites. My Mom keeps telling me I have enough, but I know she enjoys having her morning coffee in them! It's a dream of mine to hand-paint a few some day.
- When we were little, my sister and I (and our two cousins T and L when they would come to visit) used to dance around our house making up dance routines to all my Mom's old records that we'd play on this really old record player. Songs like Venus in Blue Jeans, Sea Cruise, It's My Party, and The Lion Sleeps Tonight hold many of those special memories and are still favourites of mine.
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, so I'm going to bend the rules a bit here because I read most of the blogs Stefanie listed and I know that Rae Lynne and I read most of the same blogs too, and I can't come up with a list of 15 that won't overlap, so instead I'm going to link over to my "Good Reads" page that lists all the blogs I enjoy reading that you might also like too and I'm going to choose not to pass this on. I hope that's alright.
I should be back tomorrow with a sneak peek of those mittens I mentioned the other day. Until then, sleep well!