Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Working Away

Hello Knitters,

Today I've been working on my Mom's gift for her birthday, which is on December 24th.  Even though she's a Christmas Eve baby, I try to make her birthday gifts non-holiday related so she feels like she gets an actual birthday present.  This year she said she wanted this bathing angel she seen in a book awhile back.  She's a really cute angel who is wearing one of those old-fashioned bathing suits with the pantaloons.  I'm doing her suit in a navy polka dot print.  So far I've got her body put together and most of her suit done, now I just have to attach it to her.  She doesn't have facial features or hair yet, but that will come tomorrow.  I wanted to get all of the machine sewing parts done so that I can move my machine out of my bedroom and to the basement in the hopes of decorating my room tomorrow afternoon. 

On the knitting front, I'm currently working on the Baby Doll from Itty-Bitty Toys for my cousin/best friend's little girl C for Christmas.  It's going good so far.  I got the head done, two arms and part of the body.  C is getting a new baby brother or sister here in the very near future, so I thought she might like a baby of her very own. 

By the way, I did finally end up getting my Cyber Monday Knit Picks order to go through.  Their site was so extremely slow all day long Monday so the extended the sale till midnight Tuesday.  Before going to bed Monday night around 11:00 PM I got on and placed my order.  I'm pretty excited about what I got.  I picked almost everything out with a specific project in mind, which made me feel a lot better about ordering more yarn! lol  Now just to wait until it gets here!!

I also got my Itty-Bitty Secret Santa Swap package mailed out yesterday when we were across the river.  I had to wait for some yarn I ordered that had been delayed, so I just mailed it over there to cut down on shipping time.  I'm so excited for my swap pal to receive it!  There have already been some gorgeous packages being received and shared in the Itty-Bitty Knits Group.  Makes me excited for mine as well :-)

Well I better get back to sewing.  Have a great evening everyone.

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment