Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meet Maybellene

Hello,

I'd like you to meet Maybellene the Cow, isn't she a cutie?  She's the plushie I was working on for the Fresh Stitches June CAL.  One thing I like best about making toys is that you have a sweet little friend when you're done.  This was a very fun and well-explained pattern and great for an almost beginner toy crocheter like me. I can hardly wait to make another Fresh Stitches pattern now, I'm thinking it will be the Raccoon from Stacey's Woodland Animals Craftsy course.  I picked up all the supplies I need at Michael's the other day so I'm all ready to get started.

In some knitting news, I'm on the boarder on Mom's Stripe Study Shawl  right now.  I think I'm at 2 1/2" and it needs to be a total of 4" before I can bind off, so it's getting close.  If I dedicate some time to it this weekend I should be able to get it done.

These two things are what I have been working on mostly this week.  I really hope to get Mom's shawl done so that I can start next week fresh and maybe cast on for something new.  We will see how it goes.

Happy Weekending,
xoxo

1 comment: