Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A New Challenge

Hello!

How are you today?  I hope that you all had a lovely weekend and a fantastic Mother's Day for all you Mommies!! 

I wanted to start this week by sharing with you all the new challenge I've made for myself.  I had been doing a lot of thinking over the last few weeks since I have been quite disappointed with how much I've not been accomplishing lately.  I remember when I was living with my sister last summer how I would get tons of stuff done every day.  I tried to think what it was that I did differently that helped me be so productive, and what I came up with was that I had a schedule for every day.  I also was participating in the 30 Day Sewing Challenge and had challenged myself to knit for 30 minutes every day as well.  All those things added together equaled a very productive me.  So I came to the conclusion that I need a bit more structure in my life right now.  Lately I've been just letting things happen as they will, but I think I would benefit much more from having a schedule and some challenges in my daily rutine.  Here's what I've come up with:

1. Knit/Crochet for 30 minutes each day.
2. Sew for 30 minutes each day - once I get my sewing supplies set in order I will begin this, but for the time being, this is just a future goal.
3. Knit a pair of socks each week for the Month of May. 

This last goal is sort of out of necessity.  I have 3 pairs of socks that I need to make for some upcoming gifts, so I thought by putting them as part of my goals, it would help me to get them done in time.  Since we are already into week 2 of May, I've decided that I will finish up the pair of Jazz socks and they will count for the first week's socks.  I've already got a good start on this week's pair!!  I wish I could share a picture with you of their progress, but it's a cloudy/rainy day here today and the lighting is just not working for picture taking.  I've got one sock done and just turned the heel of the second one.  Hopefully the weather will clear up soon and I'll snap a few pictures.

So what do you think of my goals??  I want this summer to be a productive one for me so I hope that these will help me with that.  It's always nice to have something to be working towards in my opinion.  Do you have any goals or challenges set for yourself this summer??  I'd love to hear about them if you do!! 

Much Love xx 

1 comment:

  1. A great way to get you on track, focused, and productive. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete