Friday, May 6, 2011

C is for Cupcake

Hello There,

I know I mentioned before that I joined the latest Itty-Bitty Group swap over on Ravelry which is cupcake themed.  However, I haven't shared any pictures of the projects I knit for my swap partner yet, but since I mailed out her package this morning and the pictures don't really reveal who my partner is, I think it's safe to share a couple with you today. 


First off is the cupcake hat.  I used Borroco Palace and Vintage for it since I thought they were both super soft yarns fit for a baby.  I chose these colours because they look pretty enough to eat, just like a cupcake should look!! 


Next is the cupcake pincushion.  This was super fast and fun to make and turned out AdOrAbLe!!  I was thinking about how I'd like to make one for myself, and then remembered that my own swap partner will be sending me one!  lol (Dear my swap partner: if you're reading this, I'm very much looking forward to getting my own pin cushion, just to let you know!!).


After seeing another member of the swap post a picture of some cupcake stitch markers she made, I decided to give it a try and make a few for my swap partner too!  They're not as cute as hers, but I think they turned out ok.  I think I need a little more practice. 

I included a few other handmade items, but just in case my swap partner reads my blog, I don't want to share them just yet and spoil the fun!!  I'm so excited for her to recieve the package, hopefully it gets to it's destination very quickly!

I hope you are all having a lovely FriDaY!!!!!  The weekend is in sight, YaY!!

Lots of Love xx

P.S. Crocheters, have you seen the adorable hanger covers over on Spud Says!??  They're so cute, and best of all, they're a free pattern!  I think they'd make a great weekend project!

1 comment:

  1. Every pic posted on here is of awesome stuff :O). The stitch markers are darling. The pincushion is cute. The hat is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete