Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sprinkles Yarn



Hello Knitters,

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! It's been very hot and humid here today so I've spent my day indoors doing some baking and knitting. We recently ran out of bread, so I baked some up this afternoon. I ended up making a white and whole wheat blend since I didn't have quite enough white flour, it worked out well and made a nice grainy bread. My Dad is coming home tonight, so I also baked up a blueberry pie using some of the blueberries Mom recently froze. She is sampling it right now; I hope it turned out well!

I have some knitting to share!! First off, as you can see from the picture above, I finally got a picture of the yarn I dyed from my swap partner. I'm really happy with how it turned out!! The green in it showed up more like yellow in the photo, but in real life it's more of a light lime green. I've already cast on for the Baby Bear :-) If I can keep at it, I should have some progress pictures by Monday for you all.

This is the other project I've been working on:


They are a pair of fingerless gloves I designed over the last few days. The yarn is a luscious merino/cashmere blend that I got when we were in Traverse City for my sister's dress fitting a few weeks ago. When I seen it, I just knew it had to be made into either a cowl or fingerless gloves. I opted for fingerless gloves since I thought they would be the perfect transition piece to add to my wardrobe to help me ease into fall. I hope to have the pattern available on Ravelry in the next week or two.

Well, I guess that's about it for today. Have a great weekend everyone and remember to squeeze in some knitting time!!

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment