Friday, March 26, 2010

New Spring Yarns and Plans

Good Morning Knitters,

The weekend is in sight!!! I'm very excited to be getting a bit of time off soon so I can do some knitting. I never got the pig finished in time for Ella's party last night, but I'm hoping to get it done by Sunday so I can give it to her at church. By the way, the party was very nice, my Mom said the cake was delicious, and everyone, especially the birthday girl and her older brother (who is the ring bearer in my sister's wedding) had a wonderful time. It was nice to catch up with some relatives I haven't seen in a while.

Today is going to be a bit more of a hectic day. I got a couple of baking orders from my Auntie Myra. She's ordered some chocolate cupcakes with a twinkie filling as well as some banana bars. My baking for the Pancake House today consists of a few batches of Maple Pecan Shortbread cookies, and Espresso Maple Pecan Shortbread Cookies, and quite possibly some more Maple Caramel Popcorn, but that depends upon how much they sell today. To keep me company, I've downloaded the newest Knit Picks podcast. I'm very excited about this one because they are talking about how they dyed some of the new yarns. I always like listening to how the whole dying process works.

Speaking of new yarns, Knit Picks launched their Spring yarns this week!! I honestly have been waiting for their new line of sock yarn called Stroll Tonals for at least three weeks. I wanted to order one of each colour, but I thought I should just start with a few to see how I like them first. The colours I got are: Blue Yonder, Queen Anne, Golden Glow and Blue Violet (which is for socks for my Mom). I also ordered some of their other sock yarn that I've had my eye on at the same time as well as a stitch dictionary and their DPN holder, so I can take my socks with me wherever I go! Seeing since I've bought so much sock yarn in the past little while, I'm going to have to knit socks from now on! lol Since I should be getting a %10 off coupon in April, I'm going to order some lace yarn as well as some CotLin (which is getting new colours the first week of April!) and maybe a few yarns from their other lines as well, if I find projects for them. I've only worked with Stroll fingering weight and Wool of the Andes, so I want to try some other lines of theirs to see how they knit up. (That's my excuse for all this yarn buying...good one eh?)

Another exciting thing is my cousin and her family are coming down here for a visit this weekend and were are getting together on Monday at the Pancake House!! I'm so excited to see all of them!! She was down at Christmas time, but because of our dog's leg surgery, we were unable to get together, so it's been since last Summer (at her wedding) that I've seen her and her family. I can hardly wait!! :-)

Well, I should be going! I hope you all are having a wonderful end to the week, and I wish you all a fantastic weekend!!

Happy Knitting!

P.S. If you have any suggestions of yarns that you love from Knit Picks and you think I should give them a try, please leave me a comment! I'd much appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment