Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Stitching Club Progress


Hello,

I can't remember if I mentioned before or not that I joined Wild Olive's Summer Stitching Club back in June, but I thought today I would share my progress so far.  I'm a bit behind in attaching my hexagons together, but I'm hoping to get caught up this afternoon.
  

These are the embroideries for the month of June.  I think my favourite is the bikini.


And here are the ones for July (except for the radio, that one is from the first week in August).  July's theme was summer foods.  My favourite from that month is the coconut drink, the little umbrella just puts it over the top on the cuteness scale.

If this interests you, you can still join in and stitch along - all the information is here.  I've heard talk that there is a Fall Stitching Club in the works right now and I'm so excited!  The summer club has been so much fun to work on, I've found myself hardly able to wait until Monday to get the next pattern.  I like how my memories of summer are wrapped up in these little stitchings, and I think a fall one would be a great way to keep myself excited about a season that in the past has been very difficult for me.

I hope all my Canadian friends have a wonderful holiday today, and that everyone else has a great Monday!  I'm off to attach some of these hexagons together.

xoxoxox, R

2 comments: