Monday, March 7, 2011

Granny Stripes Progress

Hello Knitters,

A couple of days ago in the comments, my friend Suzanne asked to see some close-up pictures of the Granny Stripes Blanket and the colours of yarn I'm using.  The weather is finally cooperating with me so I could take some "true-to-colour" photos, so here they are!




The yarn is a combination of Red Heart Super Saver, and Comfort, TLC Essentials and Bernat Super Value.  Nothing fancy, just your average acrylic.  These are the colours starting from left to right in the above photo: RRSS -0886 Blue, RRSS - 0381 Lt. Blue, Red Heart Comfort - 3231 Purple, TLC Essentials -2332 Linen, RHSS -0385 Royal, RHSS -0505 Aruba Sea, Bernat Super Value -53114 Denim Heather, RHSS -0885 Delft Blue, RHSS -0313 Aran, Bernat Super Value -00616 Peacock, TLC Essentials -2855 Navy, RHSS -0347 Lt. Periwinkle. 

I'm just random striping it while trying to keep the strong colours sort of equally separated, so there's no big math involved.  I wanted to make it as easy as possible :)

I know in my last post I talked about a sneak peek of what I'm currently working on, but I just haven't been able to get a good enough picture of it yet.  It's nice and sunny here today, so maybe I'll get one yet! 

Happy Knitting and Hooking!!

5 comments:

  1. It looks so ^^ awesome! Do you find crocheting faster than knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! :) Thanks for doing the close ups for me. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!
    Stephanie - yes I do find crocheting faster than knitting. I think that's why I'm enjoyiing it so much :)
    No problem Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great, and as for using "Nothing fancy, just your average acrylic." - think about that 10 or 20 years form now, because it could easily last that long and still look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this looks amazing.
    I started yesterday on my very own Grannystripes-blanket, but there is a long way until im at the end of the projekt :)

    Tjek out my blog ( Danish)
    denledigestund.blogspot.com

    :o) Diana

    ReplyDelete