Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summertime Dress

Hello Knitters,
I'm back from my couple days vacation at home. I say vacation lightly because I worked making Maple Caramel Popcorn most of the time, since our Pancake House is open Fridays and Saturdays for this month. I actually enjoy making the popcorn though, so it was all good. I got back to my sister's last evening. Today I cleaned the house and then I did some sewing catch-up. I've been getting behind in my 30 days of sewing challenge, so I tried to spend a good chunk of time sewing this afternoon. I got the waist band sewn onto my Yard-Sale Wrap Skirt and now all it needs is to have the hem done, and I also sewed the dress that I cut out the pieces for last week. I got the whole thing completed!



Sorry for the not so great looking pictures! I don't look so hot after all that cleaning! lol The pattern is the "Simply Beautiful Sundress" from One-Yard Wonders. It's a super quick and fun dress to make. I didn't have 1/2" double-fold bias tape for the top, so I used 1/2" single-fold and made it double so it turned out 1/4". I still like it though. I'd like to make it again in a few other prints, it's perfect for summer!

I haven't gotten to my knitting yet tonight. I think I will a little later. I'm almost done my first of the lacy anklets. For some reason I feel like I've hit a rut and I'd like nothing better than to start a new project, but I'm trying to stick with the socks and get the pair completed before beginning something new. Wish me luck!

Happy Knitting!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what you're talking about, you look so pretty in that dress! You have a nice smile too :) I would have the same smile too if I had sewn my own dress :)

    ~Eliana~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eliana! That's the nicest thing I've heard all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome :) You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look lovely and cool in your new dress.... and it is perfect for the weather we are having this year. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love your dress! I know I said this in the group already, but I started the dress today. I like the idea for single fold bias tape, I have yet to see if I have any double fold lying around, but it's good to know that single fold is an option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute dress! And, you are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete