Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One FO and a New Project

Hello Knitters,

I've got pictures!! I'm in the process of blocking the little baby cardigan I mentioned I was knitting, but after making so many mistakes and having to take it out and re-knit, I wanted to show you right away....before something else happens to it!


The pattern is the Garter Yoke Baby Cardi by Jennifer Hoel and the yarn is Knit Picks Felici Sport in Picnic. It's an easy, cute pattern and I have no idea why I had so many problems. I think it might have been because most of the time when I was working on it, I was also chatting with people. Usually I don't have a problem with that, but this time I guess I did. The yarn was great to work with. A little bit splitty at times, but nothing too bad. It's super soft and the colours are fantastic. This picture doesn't do it justice because the sun was coming in the window and messing with my camera, but I hope to take another picture once I get the buttons sewn on.


My newest project is the Traveling Woman Shawl byLiz Abinante. Recently I joined the Austentatious Fiber Artists Group on Ravelry and right now they are doing a RAL/KAL for Pride and Prejudice!! My absolute favourite book of Jane Austen's and my favourite movie of all time (the A&E version with Colin Firth)!! The KAL part is lace themed, so I picked this shawl as my project. I'm so incredibly excited about this RAL/KAL if you can't already tell. I haven't read P&P all the way through since Grade 9 and I haven't really done much in the way of lace. The yarn I'm using is Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Blue Yonder. It is way more prettier than I ever expected, and it's such a joy to knit with! I had originally purchased it for socks, but now that I look at it, it's almost too pretty to be hidden in my shoes all the time! Now I'm considering making shawls with my other skeins as well....but that's for another time :-)

I hope everyone is having a great week! I will be back soon!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments: