Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Little Bit of an Update

Good Afternoon Knitters,
I've got the turkey pictures to show you today!! Isn't he cute?? He's Tom the Turkey, and even though here in Canada we've already had our Thanksgiving, he's still spreading the holiday cheer around our house! Again, I can't say enough about how fun, easy, and quick he was to make. I hope that Susan B. Anderson does another knitalong sometime in the near future, I'll be for sure joining!
On to other things, yesterday I had my H1N1 vaccine, since my doctor thought I should get it since I have asthma. It was a quick shot, but my goodness, does my arm ever hurt! They say the muscle ache should last for about 5 days, but I hope it's gone sooner. So far it hasn't affected my knitting too much, but if it gets any worse, it just might.
A couple of nights ago, my Mom was checking out some stuff on the TV, and she came to the ABC Family channel. Well it seems as though they are having a countdown to Christmas movie marathon every night for the month of November leading up to their 25 Day's of Christmas movie marathon starting December 1. I know it's a little early, but we've been enjoying the movies so far! There's nothing quite like watching a good Christmas movie while knitting Christmas gifts to get you in the spirit!
Now, on to the best part. The other day I got Susan B. Anderson's Itty-Bitty Toys in the mail, and have been glued to it since! If you haven't already, I highly recommend that you purchase it or check it out at the library. It's an amazing book, and it's filled with TONS of great knitting toys. I want to make almost every single thing in it, right now! I've already started two projects for Christmas gifts. I have two adorable 3-year-olds on my list and so I thought what would be better than a project from the book?? Emma is getting the Egg to Bluebird and a Little Nest, too which is one of the reversible toys, and Chaeli is getting the purple Hippo. I am having so much fun making these, and I can't wait to share them with you once they are finished!
Well, I should be going....downstairs on the table there is a package from the mailbox waiting for me to open it, and I can't wait to do so, and I'll share it's contents with you tomorrow! Till then,
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment