Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Hat of My Very Own

Hello there,

Sorry I didn't write yesterday like I had planned, but we went to the city to pick up some things, and by the time we got home, I was feeling more like lounging, than writing, so that's what I did. I'm back today though, and I have a secret project to show you. It's one that I was working on and never even said a word about on the blog because I didn't know how it was going to turn out. Well it turned out great, and I really like it! Yay!!


The other day when I was out walking with my Mom, I needed a hat because it was a tad on the chilly side. Well, I came to realize that I do not have my own knitted hat! I know it's sad, but I seem to knit for everyone else but myself? Does anyone else have that problem? So after borrowing a hat from my sister for that walk, I came back home with the resolve to sit right down that evening and knit up one for me. I wanted to have one that was warm and a bit on the slouchy side, so this was the pattern that I found on Ravelry that I really liked. The yarn I used was some Patons Rustic Wool that I've had for well over 8 years! I'm glad that I finally got a chance to use some of it up. It was a great little bit of stash busting! It knit up quickly, and now I can wear my very own hat when out walking. This makes me very happy, because I really appreciate the effort that I put into it. Which is something you can't always say about others whom we knit for, right? The only thing is, now I've noticed that I don't have a good pair of mittens to wear that will keep me warm on our chilly afternoon walks. Hmmm....I guess that will be something I'll have to correct in the near future.



I see that the fifth day of the Tiny November Knitalong has been posted, so I'm heading on over to the Spud Says blog to get working on the wings and the waddle!!

Have a grand day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment