Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stress Relief

Hello All,

Have you ever noticed how stress relieving knitting is? Every time I find myself stressed, I also find myself reaching for my knitting. If I happen to be caught without my knitting, I find myself wishing I had it with me. I'm amazed that something that can be stressful in its own right, can also be so soothing, so comforting, so relaxing. Sometimes it helps if it is a complicated piece, because then I can focus on it and not whats going on. While other times it helps to be simple so I can just feel like I'm accomplishing something and still be able to pay attention. I wonder what those who don't knit do when they're stressed. I pity them, because I can find my sanity in my knitting. It may be the thing that keeps me from flying off the handle on extremely stressful days. All I can say is I'm so thankful I learned how to knit!

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment