Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wildlife


Hello,

Today seemed to be a day full of wildlife.  This morning we had this sandhill crane couple out on the beach.  I always like seeing these birds, they're so big an stately looking.  My Dad told me once that they remind him of some old prehistoric bird, especially when they fly.  And really, they do!


I think this must have been some sort of courting dance.  It was very funny to watch him hopping about trying to impress her.  He would pick up pieces of seaweed and throw them up in the air too.  We usually have a pair that nest nearby each year so it will be interesting to see if this couple will have a baby or two in tow in the near future.


While watching the cranes Mom noticed something else swimming in the lake and here it was this cute little otter.  He seemed to be enjoying the beautiful sunny day as he swam past.


We had another gorgeous sunset tonight.  The colours were more pink and orange than the last few.


Mom and I went for a nice walk this evening where we met a partridge both on our way up the road and on our way back.  I wish I had taken my camera with me to see if I could have gotten a picture of it.  It both looked and felt like summer out there today.  The leaves are budding on the trees and the frogs are singing there little hearts out.  Spring is certainly here!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to have such natural beauty so near you. Mother Nature is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the things I've been taking for granted. Now I try to really LOOK at all the natural beauty that surrounds me. It really is amazing.

      Delete