Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Christmas Elf

Good Morning!

I'm trying to get an early start on the Christmas crafting today. I usually don't start till around noon, but today I'm going to get right to work.

Last night I did try some knitting, and it went quite well. The thumb doesn't seem to slow me down at all, thankfully! I began working on a pair of thrummed mittens for my sister's boyfriend. I only got a bit of the cuff done, but I'll try and post some pictures once they start looking like something. I also finished all the knitting for Chaeli's hippo, now all I have to do is finish stuffing him and sew him up. I can't wait to see how he looks! I'm really happy with how everything is progressing. Now I just have to find some time to do some Christmas decorating!

Just in case you didn't already know, Susan B. Anderson has another knit-a-long on the Spud Says! blog. This time since it's for the month of December, it's an elf. Now I must say that we don't really celebrate Santa Clause at our house because we're Christians and believe in Christmas being the day of Jesus' birth. We view the whole Santa and elves thing like a fairytale. However, I still think it will be fun to try making this little guy. I didn't get to start him yet, but I think I will try to this afternoon when I can find a break between projects. If you'd like to join, you can find the first post here.

Well, I should be off to work on my gifts. I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment